Vampire Slayer Spaghetti
- 1lb spaghetti or other thin pasta
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh parsley leaves
- 6 cloves garlic (or more depending on taste)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese as optional topping
- In a large pot bring water to full rolling boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse, pat dry, and mince the parsley.
- Peel and mince, or finely sliver the garlic.
- Once the water is ready, add your pasta. Remember to start cooking time AFTER the water returns to a boil. Not when the pasta is added.
- Cook according to package directions and drain, transfering to a serving dish.
- To make the sauce; in a skillet heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and sautee until a nice golden brown before removing from heat. (Be sure not to over cook since the garlic can become bitter)
- Add sauce to pasta and toss with parsley and freshly ground pepper.
On a side not, If you already know how to sautee garlic, go ahead and do that while pasta is cooking to cut prep time. Pasta dish is also good if served with broccoli, sliced black olives, and a few imported pepperoncini on the side.